Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First day of preschool











Today was Braden's first day of preschool. I started to get a little nervous when he protested wearing a pull-up this morning while we were getting ready. I can't blame him really - I guess I should have introduced pull-ups before the first day. They feel and look different than his normal diaper, and he knows the difference. His mood continued when I took him outside to get a couple of photos. He didn't want to cooperate and was being very whiny. Aunt Darcy lightened the mood when she stopped by to wish him luck and give him a big kiss on his first day....she almost didn't make it b/c of traffic. I braced myself for a tear or two. I thought for sure Braden would be clingy once we got there. As it turns out - I seemed to be the clingy one. I walked him into the classroom, said hello his teacher and that was that. He immediately went to the table and starting playing. No hesitation, no tears. (unlike the next kid who walked in)
I just stood there........and thought to myself "don't overstay." So I walked out and went home. As pick up time approached I grew more and more curious about his time there. I was that mom in the carpool line scanning the crowds of children for my child -waiting patiently to get to the front - and expecting him to be just as excited to see me as I was him. Boy was I wrong. All he had for me was tears......oh, no did something happen on his first day???? Nope, he wanted to stay for lunch....can you believe that? Mama's boy??? Guess not.



No comments: